question about sleeping dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyones beardie kind of dig in under a hinding space and stay sleeping after the lights go on in the morning, i pulled her out and she was really cold feeling though the temp was at 70

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
what are you temps normally and what are you measuring them with?

nesta likes to sleep in later than her lights too, its also brumation season which could have something to do with it :)

radaresurfac

Original Poster
i'm using a probe digital kind and the temps are 105 at basking area and around 70 to 80 oncool side

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Some beardie do have a tendancy to do this.This is why alot of people recommend not using hides in tanks.Your temps sound fine so this shouldnt be an issue but other then this are there any other symptoms of illness?As for brumation your beardie is far too young to brumate so I dont think thats what is going on here.

JerryBarie

Gray-bearded Member
Retired Moderator
Beardies are notorious for being sound sleepers. They really shut themselves down, (like a college student)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom