Saving a Beardie's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thena

I aquired my Dragon (Athena) from a 15 yr boy old that was not taking care of her. He dropped her off when he went on vacation with family and she looked awful! I took her to Reptile store and was told immediately, "That Dragon is going to die!" I said, "No she won't!" Then I proceeded to obtain all I needed to take good care of her. I feed her super worms and sometimes a pinky. She had the incorrect lighting and was flat, skinny and extremely weak. I have her for 4 months and she is 3x the size she was when I obtained her. At first I had to hand feed her and help her keep her head up. Now she is doing so well and I love my Athena. I would like to get more down the road as time and finances permit. She enjoys having her head petted by me and I handle her now that she is better. I am so happy to find this website, where I may make new friends and learn more about our dear beardies.

LJean

Extreme Poster
How wonderful of you to take Athena in and give her a good life. I too don't like to be told someone in my care will not make it. ;)

I am so glad she is doing well for you! Please post pics if you can.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Bless your heart for taking Athena in and nurturing her. :love5:
It's so nice to hear she is doing better. :D
I'm sure she truely appreciates it. :love5:

Nyx1900

"No she won't!" Then I proceeded to obtain all I needed to take good care of her. I feed her super worms and sometimes a pinky. She had the incorrect lighting and was flat, skinny and extremely weak. I have her for 4 months and she is 3x the size she was when I obtained her.
I just thought you should know that you are amazing and I'm so glad that you decided to take care of her. All too often I see kids who obtain pets that especailly need proper care, and don't get it from them. So glad you do have a big big heart! ^.^ Athena is in a good home!

BrownEyes87

Hatchling Member
Thena":e7547 said:
I aquired my Dragon (Athena) from a 15 yr boy old that was not taking care of her. He dropped her off when he went on vacation with family and she looked awful! I took her to Reptile store and was told immediately, "That Dragon is going to die!" I said, "No she won't!" Then I proceeded to obtain all I needed to take good care of her. I feed her super worms and sometimes a pinky. She had the incorrect lighting and was flat, skinny and extremely weak. I have her for 4 months and she is 3x the size she was when I obtained her. At first I had to hand feed her and help her keep her head up. Now she is doing so well and I love my Athena. I would like to get more down the road as time and finances permit. She enjoys having her head petted by me and I handle her now that she is better. I am so happy to find this website, where I may make new friends and learn more about our dear beardies.

God bless you :love5:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Aww, what a wonderful thing to do! We took in a boa under similar (not quite as bad) circumstances, so I know Athena will thrive in your loving hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom