puffed out in the tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanation

gave my beardies a bath today and the little one puffed out like a baloon. iv done some research and i know they do this when threatend or scared but she was acting fine she wasnt tryin to get out and she was swimmin around but her body looked like i put a air pump into her. when i took her out her body slimmed down to normal. i dont know if thats just a natural thing for them to hold air in there bodys when there in water or what so im looking for some other peoples opinions and thoughts.. if needed ill try to get a picture

maxattack

Juvie Member
Buttercup does this when she wants to float. It's really cute. She fills herself up with air then picks all her feet up off the floor & floats around. Maybe I should have caller her water lily instead of buttercup?

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Yes this is normal. Several of mine do this. A few minutes after getting out of the water, the bloating look goes away.
Good luck
Patsy

hayl55

Juvie Member
I woudl assume its normal. My Lilly does it once adn a whhile. Its cute too cause if I pick her up she releases all of teh air adn you can hear it rushin gout of her nose, adn it makes her beard puff out for a second....its like a live baloon deflateing! Hahaha

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
It's normal - it's the famous "BFD" or "Beardie Flotation Device". :lol: Jasper, bless his little heart, could only inflate one side, so he would always end up getting dunked when he tried to inflate.

Bamberz1977

Hatchling Member
Wait till one of yours does the BDF (Beardie death Float) both Tesla and Bob will close their eyes and just float, the first time it happened it scared me to death. Tesla had been swimming along just fine and then suddenly just closed her eyes and went limp. I scooped her up fully prepared to do CPR and she just opened her eyes and looked at me like "Why the heck did you get me out of the warm bath woman?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom