please help nyroc hasnt gone in 2 weeks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
ok so i went to nebraska for 2 weeks and my sister and my daad took care of my lizards and i just got back and nyrocs cage has no "bathroom" in it and my dad and sister didnt change it aka he hasnt gone in 2 weeks and my sisster turned on all the lght on tiem and fed them right and stuff but he just hasnt gone i dont know why please help im really worried about him!!!!!

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Your dragon could be experiencing constipation, which basically makes it extremely hard ( and sometimes painful ) for anything (including beardies, etc.) to go to the washroom. I know applesauce with a drop of extra virgin olive oil should help.

RexSD

Could it be brumation? In the last 2 weeks Rex hasn't gone but once, doens't each much and sleeps all the time.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
I am not sure what signs or symptoms of Brumation are, all I know is that constipation haults beardies from going to the bathroom, and like i said, applesauce and a drop of extra virgin olive oil easily clears up a dragons constipation.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Here is a good laxative: canned pumpkin...not the pumpkin pie filling...just ordinary canned pumpkin with no sugar. That's what the vet used to make the ferrets go to the bathroom after eating the eraser. It works wonder. I know a lot of other people who also recommend canned pumpkin on the iguana forum and on Kingsnake. Winter squash has a lot of fiber.

In the mean time I would go ahead and soak him in luke warm water...not hot...just warm to the touch. I have found most lizards will poo in the warm water...and frogs, too.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I would stop feeding him solid foods until he does eliminate.
The pumpkin, applesauce and olive oil, warm baths are good ideas.

LJean

Extreme Poster
RexSD":bceb3 said:
Could it be brumation? In the last 2 weeks Rex hasn't gone but once, doens't each much and sleeps all the time.

You don't want a dragon going into brumation without getting rid of any food they have in their tummies.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Since it is getting quite cold in Alaska now and your days are much shorter already, he could be starting brumation. You need to try to get him to poop a time or two before he goes to his long winter's nap. Try the the apple sauce,or pumpkin. Of course a bath is always a good option. Good luck.

Sandy H

RexSD

Update: YEA, Rex finally took a HUGE poop today in his bath. He ate 2 med hormworms and looks really alert today. I am going to try some pumpkin on him today. Thanks for the advice LJean!

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
i gave bath and gave applesauce(they didnt have pumpkin) and he took a big poooy earlyer thanks for the advice he never goes in the tub but as sooon as i put him back in his tank he went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom