Too much or not enough??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leann

Juvie Member
Hi,

So I have a rescue, he's 9-10 month old & he's only 13". We've had him for 3 weeks and I'm trying to catch him up. He's already grown an inch in the 3 weeks that we've had him. He gets turnip, mustard or collard greens which ever I have and squash (which he loves) in the morning before I leave. He then gets about 20 phoenix worms for lunch and he nibbles on whats left in his salad dish sometimes. For dinner he has about 20-30 medium crix. Do you think that is too much, not enough or about right?? Should I not feed him 3 times per day? When should I cut back to twice a day?

Today, he had his salad & squash in the a.m., about 20-25 phoenix worms for lunch.....then sat there looking at me like "Can I have some more?" Then after about 10 minutes of glaring at me.....he decided that he would go bask. Dinner time came & he would'nt have anything to do w/ the crix??? This is the first time he's done this? Is he just getting picky or do you think he may have been full from lunch??

A couple weeks ago he was only pooing once a day, here lately he's been going twice a day....yesterday...he went 3 times :shock: ...almost makes me think I'm over feeding????

Any advise is appreciated....
Leann

Weegie

I don't know how much is too much,but i have a year old BD about 17 inches.I usually put about 60 crickets per feeding and about 4 to 5 superwprms and wharever is left about 15 to 20 minuted later whatever is left take out but he usually eats it all.Thats morning and night and treats and salad in afternoon,he'll eat some crickets in afternoon.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Leann-
Since he has so much catching up to do, I would think you couldn't overfeed him. Most will quit when they are full. He may have gotten his fill of crix though. Bogie won't touch a cricket now. And I had a couple hundred left! :banghead:
As for pooping, babies poop a lot cause they are growing. If he has already grown an inch, he is growing like a baby. To me it seems like the poop should increase too. Hope someone with more experience comes along.

Thanks for having the heart to take the little guy in. :D

Sandy H

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Leann. Sounds like your little guy has made some gains since you've had him. :wink: Since he seems to have a bigger appetite in the morning, what if you offer him crickets in the morning first along with his salad, then the phoenix worms later in the day. An amount of 20 to 25 phoenix worms really isn't very much for a beardie that is that age. So, starting with the crickets when he is most hungry might be something to try.

That's good that he is pooping 2 to 3 times a day, that shows he is digesting well. I wouldn't cut back to feeding twice a day just yet though. He is still growing rapidly and has some catching up to do. Keep us updated on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom