Pest Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

apisarik

I need to use insect control in my house before winter and wonder how long my daughter's beardie, Arana, should be kept out of the house before being brought back in. I know how long we have to stay away and how long the dogs/birds need to stay away, but am not sure how to deal with my reptile grand-daughter :) Should we find someone to care for her for several days or would the few hours it takes for it to be safe for us be sufficient? Arana is a 2 year old, healthy female.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sorry I can't really be of any help with pest control question/how long. :dontknow:

We dust our yard an around the house with a product called Sevin 5% dust, it kills over 65 different types of pest. We live in the country and have hundreds of spiders and many other creepy crawlies.
You can actually put it directly on your pets bedding an your pet even(great for fleas & ticks).
About the safest, effective, and cost effective that I've been able to find.

Maybe by my posting it will bring this thread back to the top of the pages so more will see it. :wink:

Edricks

Gray-bearded Member
I would say that what's advised for the birds is probably good for the dragon. I wouldn't let him near any place that's been treated, make sure your hands aren't contaminated when you touch him or his food etc. and don't leave him in a place where fumes might gather.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I read somewhere about certain chemicals in pesticides which can be toxic to bearded dragons and can cause neurological issues. I will try to find the article and post some more info here!

Edit - cant find the exact article but looked up some points I had written down (for next time im using an insecticide). Many contain pyrethrin's (sp) which are toxic to reptiles/fish and can cause neurological issues in cats. This is also often found in head lice shampoos and even flea treatments for dogs. Just to put you on your guard when choosing the product you plan to use!!!

apisarik

Original Poster
Thank you for your help. I will make sure to keep all the advice in mind. I will probably just treat the basement and not the second floor (which is where her tank is at).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom