We are getting a new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Hatchling Member
We recently had to put down a rescued male. After months of vet visits, tests and lots of love, he wasn’t able to be saved. :( My boyfriend and I were heartbroken. We had Quagmire (AKA Asriel) cremated and he's setting on top of our females tank.

We weren’t sure if we wanted to try rescue again knowing the risks that would come along with it, so we waited. We also knew that we wanted another male. The other day I came across a thread in the Breeding Section about what breeder had the healthiest dragons? Someone had mentioned AlphaDragonz.com, so I looked into it and have heard nothing but good things.

I had my boyfriend take a look at the adoptables and had pointed out a baby German Giant X Extreme Red. He was so cute, we are suckers for really dark colors! The next my boyfriend calls me from work saying he definitely wants the baby, and how he couldn’t stop thinking about him the night before. We called and made sure he was still available and he was. We placed the order and he will be arriving on Tuesday morning! We are so excited! So today we are going to start setting up his tank.

From what we were told over the phone he is going to be big and his father and grandfather are very headstrong. :D

Here he is on the adoptable page!
http://www.alphadragonz.com/alpha-cms/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=50&g2_itemId=1819
erggm1.jpg

:cry: Sorry for your loss but congrazt!!!! im happy you decided to get another beardie. and good lookin one at the! again congratz! :mrgreen:

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yay! We are so excited; well I think I'm a bit more excited than my boyfriend at the moment! Its almost 3 in the morning and I can't sleep, our new baby will be with us later today!

We setup his tank and it’s pretty simple: paper towel bottom, basking spot and we made sure the temps were set before hand. I went to the dollar store and found a cute baby blanket that has a Dinosaur pattern on it and placed it in the corner of his tank along with a little teddy bear (monkey) for him to cuddle up with if he needs/wants to. My dad does tiling & mosaics and he had made a little platform for our beardies to use, so that’s in his tank too!

I had also been wondering what size would be best for an adult German Giant. We were told when we ordered him that he can easily reach 20in+. Hes will be in a 50gal tank right now. Later on we were hoping to get him a 65gal tank like what we have our female in, but would that still be too small?

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well he made it home safe! I woke up around 8:30, my BF around 9, and every car that drove by made us look to see if it was the UPS guy. He arrived at around 9:15 and when we opened the box there he was, cute as can be! :D

He's in his little basking spot right now, very calm. We have our females tank to the right of his so we blocked the view so he wouldnt get stressed out by her, but before we did our female "Momma" got a good look and started waving!!! Haha, it was so cute. About an hour and a half later we offered some crickets, but he didnt feel like eating; I think he's still adjusting. Other than that we did mist him and he stared to drink.

We cant wait to watch him grow, and see how his colors turn out. Oh! We named him Big Boss

Photos:

When he arrived
DSC08979.jpg

Whatchu lookin' at?
DSC08983.jpg

DSC08990.jpg

DSC08992.jpg

Such a long tail, Haha.
DSC08994.jpg

He's much much darker in person
DSC08997.jpg

Some photos of our 3 year old female.

>.< Shes getting kinda chunky.
DSC08998.jpg

She has pretty coloring too
DSC08999.jpg

DSC09001.jpg

1happymommy

Juvie Member
His name definitly fits him. He is so beautiful. Good luck with your new little one. It is fun watching them change every week.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jennie,

He looks great, that is a cute name, Big Boss! I am sure he will be very happy in his new home. :D

Tracie

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
He is so cool looking, kind of reminds me of a tabby cat (if they are the ones with the dark stripes). I absolutely love how dark he is, it's so mysterious and bad @ss! And he is robust and tough looking like a guy should be! LOL. He would scare the buhgeezus out of my new little girl! Congrats!! Cheryl

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Haha, yeah we were thining of names while we waited for him to arrive and we talked about how beardies always look like old-time mafia/gansters...Big Boss just seemed right. :D

I'll post more pictures when he settles in more. :blob8:

LJean

Extreme Poster
Feonix surely is chunky, LOL!

My best friend's name is Jennie (spelled the same as yours) ;)

Jennie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey you remember her real name!!! Haha, I 've always called her Momma for some reason...my boyfriend says its becuase I'm italian and "italians call all girls mommas." LMAO! It works well though, we now have a Fat Momma and a Big Boss. Hehe xD.

Yeah I always find it cool when I meet someone with a name spelt the same way as mine. There is even a meat brand called Jennie-O...Thought that was pretty funny when I saw the commercial. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom