How Come We Don't Get A lot of Pagona barbata in the U.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kirby,

Yes they do have a different eye lid & expression altogether on their face. Their heads are more flattened also.

Tracie

kirby

Extreme Poster
oh, and another thing about Pogona HenryLawsoni. they can withstand subzero temperatures, and have been found amoungst frost in the early morning. i guess it gets REAL cold in the black soil plains. although their not so good in heat waves.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HenryLawsoni? Is that another name for Rankin's dragon? Yeah, I read something like that awhile back....

kirby

Extreme Poster
Paradon":83045 said:
HenryLawsoni? Is that another name for Rankin's dragon? Yeah, I read something like that awhile back....

Rankins or Pogona Rankini is incorrect. although it has become one of their MANY common names. their correct scientific name is Pogona Henrylawsoni

other common names are..
- Pygmy bearded dragon
- balck soil bearded dragon
- Rankins bearded dragon
- lawsons bearded dragon
- lesser bearded dragon

i think Rankini was outdated quite some years ago, when it was legal to export reptile from Australia. also back then (40-50 yrs ago) Pogona was Pogorasus or something? ill double check when i get home from work. have an old, OLD book on Aussie reptiles.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yep, they go by different names and the scientific name for Rankin's bearded dragon has gone through a lot of changes. I have read some zoologist named it after him eventhough someother zoologist discovered it first. I believe it was later change to the original name of the original scientist, who has discovered it and described it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom