Beardie Blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
In Sunny's viv, I have all tile except for an area about 12"x12" that I put a paper towel down. He loves to flatten out on the spot.

Sometimes in the morning, I come downstairs and find him underneath the paper towel.

I love to sew, should I make him a beardie blanket? Seems like many of you guys mention that yours like to be in a beardie burrito.

Is there any chance he will get stuck and frightened? I don't want to put anything in there that will be a danger to him. I was just thinking of doing a 12"x12" blanket the size of the paper towel. Not tucked in or anything, just loose.

What are the thoughts on this? Ok to do?

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Malibu loves her fleece ...she sleeps wrapped in it everynight. :)
080315035014.jpg

Alucard sleeps in a wash cloth when we take naps together, he seems to like it a lot. I think a blanket would be a nice idea.

When he gets bigger we pass down my blanket to him.

[url]

Mommy of Sunny

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate that. I will be sewing a blankie for him tonight!!

I feel so bad when I see him under a paper towel. But I was a bit nervous about putting a cover in there for him...worried Mommy!!

I will get some pics when I finish it. I love Malibu's fleece!!! And a washcloth size would be perfect.

Thanks for the suggestions!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I have some bar towels I was using as substrate and I have one wadded up in the corner where Vyllyn goes every night at 10pm and burries his head to sleep. I found him glass dancing every night until I took him outside one night and put him in the grass. He then squirmed down into the grass and put his head under a leaf and didn't move after that. After that I would take him out and wrap him in a wash cloth where he wouldn't stay unless I covered his head. I thought I'd try the little towel cave in the viv and that's where he goes every night now. I was just wondering tonight if anyone elses beardie did this.

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
I have some fleece material I have under the cave he sleeps in, its blue with stars, I plan on making a hammock to hang in the corner with the material as well. Another idea was a sleeping bag he could go inside it while I held him this way I don't accidentally wrap in inside.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Mine don't really show interest in blankets. But I said awwwe. quite often from this post.

Mr1Munn

Lucifer likes sleeping up on his log... i have only seen him sleep on the floor once. I guess its a personal preference. WOW Malibu is a porker lol.

mazzie

Bossk LOVES to sleep against the wall on his legs in the vines. He's not fan of caves or top of rocks or anything to sleep on. Just against the wall while standing on the vine branch. he's such a weirdo! LOL

hayl55

Juvie Member
My Lilly is a spoiled one...almost every night she is wraped up in a soaft hand towel, and then placed beside our bed, where she sleeps for the WHOLE night, and waits for us to wake up. In the mornigns I pull her under teh covers with us and she snoozes for a little longer under the warm covers with us :) what a sucky! lol, she has it made. So dont worry about leaving yrou beardie in a blanket, as long as you dont tuck them in so tight they cant move, you shoudl be fine..( although, they still liek to be tucked in pretty well !)

Dmatt

Oh My Gosh! I feel like my babies are being neglected now! Smaug likes to sleep under the shelf liner or paper towels. Maybe I should give her a wash cloth.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
Awww.... all of that is so cute.
I have heard the mention of hammocks in other posts and have wondered if this can be used for Spike as well. Spike is quite a big guy, I would say at least 16-18". And then there is the subject of what types of material can be used. At work they sell ferret hammocks, even ones where he can go inside - they are all made out of fleece, and since I have seen so many beardies using fleece blankets on here, I take it that would be okay?

They are all so cute though. I've seen the pics where some even have like the little doggie beds and they fall asleep in them - so cute!!

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Mr1Munn":12a87 said:
Lucifer likes sleeping up on his log... i have only seen him sleep on the floor once. I guess its a personal preference. WOW Malibu is a porker lol.
I think that was right before she laid 23 eggs......89 since July.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I am so glad you started this thread! The next day after reading this the first time I went and bought spike a little blanky - he LOVES it!!!

2937336939_12f6531b94.jpg

2938187128_5e9d7fdd0c.jpg

He was so out that I shook him a bit after a while cuz he wouldn't move! I had to put the blanky in his tank and now he is happy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom