bitof a dilemma here, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi kmarie24...If you want your dragon to get well and stay well, you will take the advice of these people on this forum. It is VERY important that dragons have bright white light in order to metabolize their food & calcium. This light needs to be placed right beside the UVB on one end of the tank so he gets benefit from both at the same time.

If it is cooler than 65 at night, use a ceramic heat emitter, which gives off no light. If the heat mat is on the wall of the tank, you can turn it on at night with the heat emitter if it doesn't cause the temps to go over the 70's. Don't put it under him, cause if there is a power surge, he could get burned & he wouldn't know it til it is too late. They don't sense heat from their bellies.

Please turn off the heat mat for now and see what the temp is with a 40Watt bulb. Leave the probe on the basking spot 45 minutes for a correct reading. They do better with overhead heat.

What brand of UVB do you have? I think the safe one in UK is the Arcadia D3 12%

Nearly every one of us on here have been given incorrect info from a petstore employee who claims to be an expert. They are paid to sell the products, even if they have to "tell tales" to get people to buy incorrect products. Then they have to go back to get medications & different bulbs, etc. to cure the problems caused. The people on this forum have successfully raised and rehabilitated dragons for several years. They know what they are talking about. Please follow their advice
Good luck
Patsy

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
kmarie24...I don't mean for this to sound rude, but...you came on here for advice. But you are now telling us that you aren't going to follow the experts' advice. So why did you ask? We like to help people because we all love dragons.
Many on here wouldn't have live dragons if it weren't for the advice from this forum.
Your dragon is NOT going to be OK with a red-painted-pink bulb. He needs a bright white bulb. You will need to raise it up if it is too close & thus the temp is too high. And you never said what brand of UVB you have. First you say it is a 2.0, then it's a 10.0. But we still don't know if it is a ReptiSun 10 or a ReptiGlo 10. The ReptiGlo 10 is very bad, causing eye as well as other health problems.
Sometimes we have to make several changes before getting the right lights for our specific homes. I have the exact same set-up in 2 tanks in my bedroom & 2 tanks in my livingroom. The bedroom tanks need 60 watt basking bulbs. The livingroom tanks need 100 watts to get the right temp.
For the sake of your dragon. I hope you will listen to the advice on here and don't give up.
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom