How many have had their BD go through BRUMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

binger

Hatchling Member
Catalyst":ad395 said:
Would your vet run the fecal sample without having the dragon come in for a visit? As long as she's been getting proper feeding, heat and UVB lighting, then the fecal test would clear her for parasites and you could rest a bit easier about her getting lazy and possibly getting ready to sleep. It's a bit early in the year here for brumation I beleive, but dragons tend to do their own thing anyway :)

Unfortunately, no. Because this vet is new to me, they want to do an initial check-up to get acquainted with us. After that, I'm sure I'd be able to just take a sample in.

She ate a bit today... a few crickets and some veggies.. but not nearly what she was eating a couple of weeks ago.

Might be early brumation... like you said, they do what they want when they want, anyway! :)

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
Izzie is going through his winter slow-down at the moment. He doesn't really brumate, it's more a case of really long naps. He'll sleep until 11am-noon, depending on when the sun hits his rock. Some days, he'll eat a mouthful or two of salad, then either watch TV for a couple of hours or if it's really sunny, he'll have a jaunt around the house. By 4pm, he's crashed and back asleep in his house. I give him a bath every other day and he usually poops once a week.

I can't wait for spring when he gears up for love. I miss our daily outings and tanning sessions!

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I also recommend a fecal before just letting them brumate. Magick slowed way down in August and woke totally awake two days ago. Last year she slowed way down but would wake up to be a basking potato but would only stay awake about 6-7 hours a day. Semi was just lazy last winter and this winter I don't think he will brumate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom