Home roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Depends on the dragon and the home. You want it to be big enough not to get lost or be able to get into places that are not accessible.
I live in a old house with build in heater vents, the spacing is wide, no way I could ever let a baby or juvenile roam. Now that sam is big enough his head won't fit between the vents, he can finally get out.
Any roaming he has done in the past was leashed

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, it really kind of depends on the situation. If you have a safe area that you can close off with no other animals around and nothing along the floor that can be ingested, then I find it to be a good way to offer enrichment. Younger dragons tend to require more close supervision - I wouldn't leave them unattended when out and about. When to start offering this really comes down to their individual personality. How are they with handling? Are they energetic and curious? etc. I would certainly wait until they are big enough to not get through vents or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom