My first baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
111728-4741167510.jpg
When we rescued her we were told by store owner she just finished shed , however in the last three weeks she has put on weight and length . I noticed she is now getting some white on her head and face but seems to be eating playing and climbing fine. Can anyone tell me if this change is caused by another shed starting or something else.
111728-8421914959.jpg
111728-8584555140.jpg
111728-5058246269.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes more shed --- welcome to beardie world ---- please make sure her lighting is all up to par- basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate - UVB NO coils - long tube fixture and properly placed w/ in tank and distance as well --- NO colored bulb NO heat mats or rocks and NO sand -- if you need help w/ any of this or other things please ask

Lizaerdqueen2112

Original Poster
Thank you! We are making a trip to our store today, one to give them a piece of my mind, and to make urgent changes. I feel very mislead by some one that was supposed t to be a reptile Expert. I don’t mind spending money to take good care of my animals, now my children are adults they are part of my life like my grandchildren, but people that work in pet related stores should always act in best interests of animals not profit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I recommend getting a 24" Zoo Med UVB w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb ---- most pet stores do not carry this but you can look --- please do not take any advice from pet stores most of them give bad advice and end up causing alot of harm to the dragons ----- they are not experts ------------- please post what you find so I can help you get this set up --- I will need the size of the tank and what you get for the UVB ---- if your using a small tank for now you will need to upgrade to a tank of 75-120 gallon for a adult dragon --- if this is the case I recommend not getting a UVB smaller than a 24" fixture now - your only going to spend more money in the long run --

Lizaerdqueen2112

Original Poster
For now we have a vertical tank that’s 36” x 48” x 36” she’s a climber when she gets a little bigger my husband going to manufacture tank for specifically designed for what she likes she has her own room in my house .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If those are the correct dimensions the tank is over 200 gallons - as of now babies are climbers and often get hurt jumping from decor to decor or if they are out of the tank - for some reason they think they can fly - as they get older they do less climbing - recommended a 4x2x2 tank - and if they get sick w/ a tank that high its going to be harder to get your UVB placed etc -- basking temps as well -- what size tank is she in now? If shes in the size tank you posted I recommend you section that tank off to about a 20 gallon tank --- its going to be easier to take care of her in something smaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom