Birds and Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m looking in to getting a bearded dragon (I was going to get one when I was littler but I saw the fluffy hamsters and little me liked fluffy things) but I have already have a budgie. I just want to know if there are any diseases or anything bad that a bird could get from a beardie or vice versa. If no one knows I can ask my bird forums. I wouldn’t get one if it would get hurt or if my bird would get hurt.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Birds are a predator to beardeies -- the bird may make your dragon severely distressed ---

VeninTheEnbyRogue

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29d8amfy said:
Birds are a predator to beardeies -- the bird may make your dragon severely distressed ---
It’s a very small bird though. Would that make a difference or is it just all birds?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It all birds- you can try but I would keep.tgem.in separate rooms- if he can't see the bird and actually hear him that would be best

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":1cxgnpfo said:

Budgie and beardie will get on just fine.

Budgies are not predatory birds in the least.

If beardie is a full grown adult and hungry , it's the budgie who might end up as a snack.

I know plenty of people to have dragons and budgies ( and rosellas, cockatoos, galahs, lorikeets ) who get to hang out on the floor , or bed , or lounge , or lawn together .

VeninTheEnbyRogue

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":ryc071oj said:
KarrieRee":ryc071oj said:

Budgie and beardie will get on just fine.

Budgies are not predatory birds in the least.

If beardie is a few grown adult and hungry , it's the budgie who might end up as a snack.

I know plenty of people to have dragons and budgies ( and rosellas, cockatoos, galahs, lorikeets ) who get to hang out on the floor , or bed , or lounge , or lawn together .
Cool! Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom