Looking for Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRose89

Hello...
Last year i got a baby bearded dragon from my sister. She didn't know how to care for him so I gave him a home with me and my other Dragon. I keep both dragons in their own homes. Anyways, he is a happy little one. I've had him for a while now. He is 7-8 months old. Such a Sweetheart...he loves to cuddle and run around, etc...
Well, I have always fed him with tongs since I got him from my sister when he was still a baby. Now he is getting older. He still wants to be fed with tongs and not eat from his bowl on his own. I would really love for him to start eating from his food dish and not rely on the tongs for feeding. I've tried searching the net for any tips and unfortunately i havent found anything.
Is there any advice you guys have on how I can help him eat from his bowl and wean away from the tongs?

DarkRose89

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2oq1horh said:
What insect are you feeding? You can start placing them one or two at a time in front of him and see if he will chase them-- you can get some BSFL from here http://www.symtonbsf.com
here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Bug Wise: I've give him Hornworms, Superworms, Crickets, and Sometimes Dubia Roaches.
Vegetables: Kale, Collard greens, green beans, peas, carrots, bok choy and Dandelion leave and Flower heads
Fruit: Don't really give them fruit. When i do as a Treat, few apple pieces or 1 small cherry

I will definitely try this out. Thank you so much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would give the dubias more often than the super worms they are more of a treat and not a staple
www.dubiaroaches.com here is a discount code till the end of July---- JULY42021
those need to be dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding --- that is for a baby or up to a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom