Looking for Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRose89

Hello...
Last year i got a baby bearded dragon from my sister. She didn't know how to care for him so I gave him a home with me and my other Dragon. I keep both dragons in their own homes. Anyways, he is a happy little one. I've had him for a while now. He is 7-8 months old. Such a Sweetheart...he loves to cuddle and run around, etc...
Well, I have always fed him with tongs since I got him from my sister when he was still a baby. Now he is getting older. He still wants to be fed with tongs and not eat from his bowl on his own. I would really love for him to start eating from his food dish and not rely on the tongs for feeding. I've tried searching the net for any tips and unfortunately i havent found anything.
Is there any advice you guys have on how I can help him eat from his bowl and wean away from the tongs?

DarkRose89

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2oq1horh said:
What insect are you feeding? You can start placing them one or two at a time in front of him and see if he will chase them-- you can get some BSFL from here http://www.symtonbsf.com
here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Bug Wise: I've give him Hornworms, Superworms, Crickets, and Sometimes Dubia Roaches.
Vegetables: Kale, Collard greens, green beans, peas, carrots, bok choy and Dandelion leave and Flower heads
Fruit: Don't really give them fruit. When i do as a Treat, few apple pieces or 1 small cherry

I will definitely try this out. Thank you so much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would give the dubias more often than the super worms they are more of a treat and not a staple
www.dubiaroaches.com here is a discount code till the end of July---- JULY42021
those need to be dusted w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding --- that is for a baby or up to a year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom