Beardie has huge puffy belly/body

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
So I noticed my Beardie, Ziggy, has a huge/puffy belly/body (photo below). It wasn’t like this when they ate 40 minutes ago. They had their last bowel movement yesterday afternoon. It also goes away if I try to pet them or they are startled. I am hoping this is just their way of trying to shed their body. Wanted to post just to see if that is in fact what they are doing.

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/ZBXYzz.jpg?open=true

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yeah, he is just trying to loosen his skin. Wait until you see him bug his eye out, thats really startling.

You can try giving him a shallow warm bath to help loosen the skin.

ZiggyDust

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gail":3i5yz1ru said:
Yeah, he is just trying to loosen his skin. Wait until you see him bug his eye out, thats really startling.

You can try giving him a shallow warm bath to help loosen the skin.

Thanks for the reply. No matter how much research I did I’m still surprised by the things I don’t know, like this lol. Thanks for the heads up on the eye. Saved me a post ha.

Ziggy actually gets another bath today, specifically for this. I have been bathing them every other day since they started shedding.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi!

I feel like exact thing happens with my dragon too. I swear she can change body shape and feel - sometimes she’s super round / big belly regardless of whether she has eaten or not eaten ... sometimes she looks more narrow - and sometimes she’ll go flat as if she didn’t have belly when she pancakes - it’s like how are you so many different shapes/sizes. There are a lot of factors to it. If your dragon has not been pooping at all - like def gone too long without pooping - then maybe I would be concerned with that particular shape? Just another thing they do that make us go hmmmmmmmm.

Ans ZiggyDust is right - when you see the eye buldge its crazy! The first time I ever saw mine do it I was like ummmm wait stop what?? One time I snapped a pic just as my girl was doing her eye buldge - ?? - it’s wild. It’s a good thing though - they def have a system down for getting shed off the eyes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They tend to blow themselves up trying to stretch out skin before they shed. Does he stay
puffy or does it go down?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom