Calling all FEMALE dragon owners - Infertile Egg Poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys!

I started thinking about how interesting female dragons are when I was reading a post today when it comes to laying infertile eggs. I have a 10.5 year female who has never laid one egg in her life - and I have had her since she was about a month old. I just think it would be kinda fascinating to see what others on the forum situations were who also have females that have not ever mated - just to see how many have laid versus how many have not ...

Name: Blue

Eggs: Never laid infertile eggs (never mated for fertile eggs either - never been in the same vicinity of male except as a hatchling)

Status: Queen of the castle - solitary dragon - no other dragons male or female in the house

Sooo - how about you? Any other female beardie mom or dads out there? If yes to eggs, how much / how often and what age did they start? If not - have they ever even been in eyesight of a male or other dragon? I’m so curious to know the science behind this - or if it’s just one big mystery!

Can’t wait to hear from you!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. 3 out of my 4 females have laid. I had a vet tell me that when the females are around other dragons male and female they usually lay. Mine haven't started to lay until later in life. Seems like around 5 years. My old girl laid a clutch of 30ish a few weeks ago. She's 9. It's interesting to watch how the contractions look and then here comes an egg or two. Glad as a human I don't have to do that! Lol

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi! ?

Ok wow - I was thinking in my mind at an older age might females might not lay - I wonder if my 10 year old could ever - surprise me one day? That’s wild! Thanks so much for replying - I’m really interested to see different correlations and what not. Were your girls that did lay infertile eggs ever around a male - not mating but like - near / in the vicinity?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
The fist one Daisy was never around a male and she still laid. So when she passed I bought a male and I have 2 females. They all know each other is there, but never out together. After I bought him my Rosie started laying eggs.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
destiny1998":3gs3i0ei said:
The fist one Daisy was never around a male and she still laid. So when she passed I bought a male and I have 2 females. They all know each other is there, but never out together. After I bought him my Rosie started laying eggs.

Hi! Oh wow wow this is interesting! So Daisy was not ever in the same room or area a male was, but around others females? Or neither. That would be just like my girl - only she has never laid eggs. Cool to know! Thank you for replying, I really want to gather a lot of data and figure out if correlations exist - and if so, how much they play a role. How old were yours when they were first gravid? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom