Calling all FEMALE dragon owners - Infertile Egg Poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi guys!

I started thinking about how interesting female dragons are when I was reading a post today when it comes to laying infertile eggs. I have a 10.5 year female who has never laid one egg in her life - and I have had her since she was about a month old. I just think it would be kinda fascinating to see what others on the forum situations were who also have females that have not ever mated - just to see how many have laid versus how many have not ...

Name: Blue

Eggs: Never laid infertile eggs (never mated for fertile eggs either - never been in the same vicinity of male except as a hatchling)

Status: Queen of the castle - solitary dragon - no other dragons male or female in the house

Sooo - how about you? Any other female beardie mom or dads out there? If yes to eggs, how much / how often and what age did they start? If not - have they ever even been in eyesight of a male or other dragon? I’m so curious to know the science behind this - or if it’s just one big mystery!

Can’t wait to hear from you!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. 3 out of my 4 females have laid. I had a vet tell me that when the females are around other dragons male and female they usually lay. Mine haven't started to lay until later in life. Seems like around 5 years. My old girl laid a clutch of 30ish a few weeks ago. She's 9. It's interesting to watch how the contractions look and then here comes an egg or two. Glad as a human I don't have to do that! Lol

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi! ?

Ok wow - I was thinking in my mind at an older age might females might not lay - I wonder if my 10 year old could ever - surprise me one day? That’s wild! Thanks so much for replying - I’m really interested to see different correlations and what not. Were your girls that did lay infertile eggs ever around a male - not mating but like - near / in the vicinity?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
The fist one Daisy was never around a male and she still laid. So when she passed I bought a male and I have 2 females. They all know each other is there, but never out together. After I bought him my Rosie started laying eggs.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
destiny1998":3gs3i0ei said:
The fist one Daisy was never around a male and she still laid. So when she passed I bought a male and I have 2 females. They all know each other is there, but never out together. After I bought him my Rosie started laying eggs.

Hi! Oh wow wow this is interesting! So Daisy was not ever in the same room or area a male was, but around others females? Or neither. That would be just like my girl - only she has never laid eggs. Cool to know! Thank you for replying, I really want to gather a lot of data and figure out if correlations exist - and if so, how much they play a role. How old were yours when they were first gravid? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom