Bearded dragon digging and not eating/drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyT

My bearded dragon is 8-9 months old and shes 16inches long. She has seemed pretty healthy since i got her, she was eating daily for her whole life but over the last month she has slowly stopped eating. I tried superworms, crickets, hornworms, peppers, kale, basil, radish, cherrys, apples, mango, and strawberries and she hasn’t eaten in about a week. She has also been digging a lot and sleeping a lot. She hasnt basked in a while and she wont drink any water. It seems like shes going into brumation but shes so young and its summer so that doesnt seem right. I moved about a month or two ago and she started off fine but I think that maybe going from not having AC to having AC screwed her up and now shes trying to burmate. Her tank has stayed consistently 101-111 in her basking spot but i assume its been colder at night. Im trying to get her to a vet right now but what do you think, is this normal? Also i wanted to take a stool sample but she hasnt gone to the bathroom in a week or two.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer --- NO stickons please they are inaccurate and the temp for a juvenile should be 95-100 the temps you gave are too hot and if your not using a digital probe where shes sitting I am guessing its too hot --- what are you using for a UVB? NO coils please - you need a long tube fixture --the things I just posted are the MOST important things in that tank

EmilyT

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ug7g8gsk said:
Temps need to be taken w/a digital probe thermometer --- NO stickons please they are inaccurate and the temp for a juvenile should be 95-100 the temps you gave are too hot and if your not using a digital probe where shes sitting I am guessing its too hot --- what are you using for a UVB? NO coils please - you need a long tube fixture --the things I just posted are the MOST important things in that tank

Im using a digital probe on the basking spot and its currently 101° on the basking spot, it’s usually nearer the 100 mark than the 110. Also im using a uvb hood bulb. Its a 22” 24watt 10.0 uvb bulb. I replaced it about a month ago.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok the distance for the UVB is what and where in the tank is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank? Screen type is fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type?

EmilyT

Original Poster
KarrieRee":nd5tmax3 said:
Ok the distance for the UVB is what and where in the tank is it ? Top of screen or inside the tank? Screen type is fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type?

Its approximately 10 inches from the top of the basking spot. The bulb is on a mesh screen outside of the tank. I guess its more like a finer mesh. Its metal with smaller holes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok it needs to be moved into the tank 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire –long plastic zip ties-- fishing line --- or you can use this https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
I use this it works great ---- its like a Velcro strap cut into strips wrap around the fixture
Distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor ----- the screen is blocking 30% of those rays --- please get it readjusted and watch her behavior --- if it does not change we got something else going on ---- post back on here w/ updates please --- it should not take very long for her behavior to change if this is the issue

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
the temps aren't to hot btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom