Beardies and pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarFlare24

Long time lurker and when I first became a beardie parent this site helped a lot. I was looking up any color change behavior and all kinds of things constantly because I wanted to do it right. My beardie is the best leezard I’ve ever taken care of we play in the grass and in my kiddie pool. I’ve also had him in my bigger pool only 500 gallons and he has his own floatie so he can decide whether he wants to swim or just lay there. This year I got a chlorine dispenser and since it’s a small pool I do keep it on the lowest setting and really doesn’t smell like chlorine. I haven’t let my beardie play in it since then. Is it safe for him or is there any good pool cleaners that are safe for him? I just want to make sure he is safe and I know he misses his pool days. Thanks to this site I’ve had him for about 6 or 7 years with no health issues. He’s pretty much spoiled and everyone who meets him is like that’s the chillest lizard ever. He doesn’t run off on me he likes to sit with me while watching tv. I always tell people if you want a lizard this is the best kind to have. Thanks everyone!

111471-3660913175.jpg
111471-3857901101.jpg

SolarFlare24

Original Poster
We decided to just go ahead and get him his own tiny pool that only he is allowed to use. But if anyone does have info about safer pool cleaner that would be cool. Other than that you can close this post whenever. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom