Female Beardie Won't Stop Digging, Driving Me Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeMicallef

Hello all,

My bearded dragon has recently laid eggs, a clutch of 7 infertile eggs.
She is in a MDF wooden vivarium which means that her little nails scratching the floor makes an extremely, unignorably disgusting noise, similar to that of running nails down a chalkboard that I can simply not endure anymore.

If anyone with experience of their beardie laying a clutch, and continuing to dig over a week after has any knowledge of when this will stop please tell me because I have seriously been considering selling her, I can't sleep at night when she stops at 12:30 I get woken up at 4:30 when the sun comes up, and when I get back from work I can't even play on my computer, maintain my aquarium or do anything I remotely enjoy because of this ear piercing, unrelenting scratching sound.

If she keeps doing it I will just sell her because its effecting my relationships, career and everything about my life as I am so irritable due to the scratching and lack of uninterrupted sleep.

Many thanks, Jake

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
please get her a lay box-- she may not be done laying eggs---- next get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from you local home improvement store and cut it to the size of the tank --- its going to be better listening to her scratch on that than the wood --- but I am thinking shes not done laying -- clean w/ vinegar/ water solution 50/50 --
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yes, 7 eggs is not a full clutch. They usually lay around 20-25 eggs and can lay multiple clutches a year.

If her digging is really that disturbing, you might be better off rehoming her. She will probably lay multiple clutches every year.

JakeMicallef

Original Poster
KarrieRee":24ca18z9 said:
please get her a lay box-- she may not be done laying eggs---- next get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from you local home improvement store and cut it to the size of the tank --- its going to be better listening to her scratch on that than the wood --- but I am thinking shes not done laying -- clean w/ vinegar/ water solution 50/50 --
LAYBOX
potting soil that doesn't have any type of
chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that
the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.

She has a lay box of moist sandy soil that she has already laid eggs in.
She just keeps scratching the floor of the enclosure and that's what's annoying.

The shelf liner sounds like a good idea, will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom