Asking for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've had Rex for a while now- He'd about 8 months old now- and it'll be 9 on the 11th.. I got him on September 11th and I've been wondering if I'm doing good at caring for him..

Rex is around 15-16 inches right now- and he hasn't really been growing for the last two months- he has been shedding every couple weeks- which I'm sure is a sign of growth- but he's stayed around 15 inches for a while now..

I usually wake him up around 8 am and give him around 10-12 large crickets a day, and the occasional salad that I give him after I get done with work. He's currently in a 120 gallon tank, with topsoil and sand substrate.. His tank is around 70-75 Fahrenheit at night and his hot side is 100-110.

He's pooping regularly- and I'm wondering if I should be feeding him more- or feeding something different- and I'm tempted to get BSL or dubias but I don't know a good site to order off of besides Grubterra. Rex gets an occasional bath- and I'll mist him every other day. He typically gets 5 hours out of his tank everyday- and I've been trying to take him outside to explore- yesterday he climbed a tree :)

Rex has started bobbing at almost everything- even at me- he gets really angry if he's seen himself in the mirror- to the point I've had to remove one of mine. He'll jump out of his tank when he's bored- and usually makes a break for it out of my room. And he's got a kink in his tail (which I'm kind of worried about-)

He's got a heating lamp- a ceramic lamp- uvb, and a normal light bulb to light up his tank-

109360-110014827.jpg

109360-4201751691.jpg

109360-1922184471.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to move the UVB into the tank ---
97951-5464430083.jpg
that is a T 5 in my tank -- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --- the head bobbing is mating sign --- he should not be allowed to see himself as he thinks its another dragon -the way the UVB is placed and on top of the tank your dragon is not getting any UVB -- basking temps for a juvie / adult dragon should be 95-100-- and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- Rex should be fed salads every day --- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder --- please post a pic of Rexs tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom