Asking for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've had Rex for a while now- He'd about 8 months old now- and it'll be 9 on the 11th.. I got him on September 11th and I've been wondering if I'm doing good at caring for him..

Rex is around 15-16 inches right now- and he hasn't really been growing for the last two months- he has been shedding every couple weeks- which I'm sure is a sign of growth- but he's stayed around 15 inches for a while now..

I usually wake him up around 8 am and give him around 10-12 large crickets a day, and the occasional salad that I give him after I get done with work. He's currently in a 120 gallon tank, with topsoil and sand substrate.. His tank is around 70-75 Fahrenheit at night and his hot side is 100-110.

He's pooping regularly- and I'm wondering if I should be feeding him more- or feeding something different- and I'm tempted to get BSL or dubias but I don't know a good site to order off of besides Grubterra. Rex gets an occasional bath- and I'll mist him every other day. He typically gets 5 hours out of his tank everyday- and I've been trying to take him outside to explore- yesterday he climbed a tree :)

Rex has started bobbing at almost everything- even at me- he gets really angry if he's seen himself in the mirror- to the point I've had to remove one of mine. He'll jump out of his tank when he's bored- and usually makes a break for it out of my room. And he's got a kink in his tail (which I'm kind of worried about-)

He's got a heating lamp- a ceramic lamp- uvb, and a normal light bulb to light up his tank-

109360-110014827.jpg

109360-4201751691.jpg

109360-1922184471.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to move the UVB into the tank ---
97951-5464430083.jpg
that is a T 5 in my tank -- distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --- the head bobbing is mating sign --- he should not be allowed to see himself as he thinks its another dragon -the way the UVB is placed and on top of the tank your dragon is not getting any UVB -- basking temps for a juvie / adult dragon should be 95-100-- and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- Rex should be fed salads every day --- http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder --- please post a pic of Rexs tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom