Just did a dumb thing, oh man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
I ordered Mari some treat bugs as I feed her bsfl as a staple and I want to spice things up in her life.
I ordered superworms, wax worms (very rare treat), horn worms (I hate them because they bite me when I grab them), and dubia roaches.

My mom is absolutely terrified of roaches and is going to scream excessively if she finds out that I’m feeding Mari roaches in her house. There’s no way they can get out of the cup and infest the house and get me kicked out, right? I worked with dubia roaches before and found they are difficult to set up a colony of but they are terrifyingly fast if you drop them and I can’t have a single hair of a roach get out of the cup or make it past Mari’s mouth or I’m probably gonna be guillotined. However I am willing to take that risk to make Mari happy as she’s more important than the integrity of my neck and head. ?

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Edit: THE PACKAGE IS DUE TO ARRIVE WHEN I FLY TO TAMPA, FRICKKKKKKKKK.

MY MOM IS GOING TO OPEN IT AND LITERALLY DIE OF A HEART ATTACK!!! OH CRAP THIS IS TERRIBLE, I HAVE TO STOP IT!!!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Edit 2: THANK GOD, it’s just due to arrive in literally 3 days, my life is saved! I feel like an a hole for doing this now, maybe I should just throw the dubia roaches into the bird feeder before I even bring the box inside, you think wild birds will eat them? I hate this feeling of guilt I have though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well you got yourself in to a jam , a funny jam for anyone reading though ! :lol: But no, never let those type of insect loose outdoors, depending on your climate they could reproduce and be a problem.

Ryanps

If you have a small critter carrier just put them in there with some carrot and greens. If you can manage add some cardboard egg carton pieces and stash them away. They will live and a good feeder. Though not crazy fast they can move a bit but they are not good at climbing and don’t fly. Good luck and don’t lose you head!

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I fed them all to Mari in one go, they were much tinier than I thought so it was actually a single adult beardie meal. Mari ran around hunting each one and did her little tail flick she does when she sees a bug she wants to hunt. She loved them. I feel bad that I can’t order them again though.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
loljelloclowdz":1dozve81 said:
I fed them all to Mari in one go, they were much tinier than I thought so it was actually a single adult beardie meal. Mari ran around hunting each one and did her little tail flick she does when she sees a bug she wants to hunt. She loved them. I feel bad that I can’t order them again though.
Na, go ahead and order more, just tell her that they are Desert Dung Beatles (new name takes the shock away)!!! Now she has nothing to fear. Psychology at it's best: make them harmless to her.
Dragon is happy
Momma is happy
All is good in the world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom