Juvenile bearded dragon questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarnelKelis

Hey there! I just got a juvenile beardie and I have some questions! Please help? :)

should I turn off the basking lamp at night? The lady didn't tell me about the heat emitter sadly before I left the store...

what times should I feed the little one?

Any other info would be much appreciated!!! Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dragons need a photo period of 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off ---- that means NO colored lights at all NO sand NO heat mats NO heat rocks -- and NO coils for a UVB ---- all these things I just mentioned are NOT good for your dragon -- PLEASE do not listen to the pet store people -- they have not a clue as to how to take care of dragons and will sell you stuff you do not need --- this is what you need
a Digital probe thermometer --- Stick ons are for ambient use only
Temps for basking need to be 95-100 --- place the probe on the spot he sits for basking 10 min then get the temp --- middle of the tank 90's and cool end of tank in the 80's -- NO lights on at nite dragons like it cool and dark temps should be 65-75---
A bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110
And very important a UVB that is a tube fixture NO COILS --- you need a fixture like a 24" Zoo Med Sunblaster or a Arcadia --- w/a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb ---- this is for a tank that is 40 + gallon -- you can get this on http://www.pangeareptiles.com the Zoo Med fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb that can be used on tanks that are smaller size like a 20-30 gallon tank --- I dont know what size your tank is but if its smaller than the 40 I recommend that fixture --- you will need to upgrade the bulb when you get a bigger tank if this is the case -- let me know what size tank so I can help you - the 5.0 and the 10.0 bulbs have different distances and placement ---

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Yep! Lights go off at night. Unless the temps are dipping too low (under 65ish) ... you won’t need a heat source like a Ceramic Heat Emitter ... that’s what will put out heat but not light. Their consistent light / dark / day / night schedules are important to them - kinda like us humans - so no lights on at night - and no coloured lights at all. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom