water

Status
Not open for further replies.

reytamminen

my beardie is weird. he only likes to drink a certain brand of water (ice mountain smth), is it safe for him?? he doesnt drink the water from our house, nor does he drink water from a lot of different brands. hes 4 mo old tho, and ive heard that a lot of babies forget/dont like to drink from their water bowl. should i buy a pack of the bottled water just for him?

hes in a 40 gal tank w 150 watt uvb mercury bulb and is very active/happy. he eats around 40 crickets a day (gut loaded), and bok choy is his main veggie (dusted) he sleeps a lot too. but he also sheds like every week so im not very concerned.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What brand of 150 watt uvb mercury bulb please?? They have certain distances and placement -- most need to be UNOBSTRUCTED -- NO screen -- and we also recommend another UVB tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Arcadia or Sunblaster in the tank to provide more or adequate UVB -- often times UVB is compromised w/ the distance of the MVB and the dragon ends up not getting enough --- hes a baby so you need to get this fixed ASAP-- buy the water for him -- odd he can taste the difference but if hes drinking it good for him

reytamminen

Original Poster
KarrieRee":39onms0a said:
What brand of 150 watt uvb mercury bulb please?? They have certain distances and placement -- most need to be UNOBSTRUCTED -- NO screen -- and we also recommend another UVB tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Arcadia or Sunblaster in the tank to provide more or adequate UVB -- often times UVB is compromised w/ the distance of the MVB and the dragon ends up not getting enough --- hes a baby so you need to get this fixed ASAP-- buy the water for him -- odd he can taste the difference but if hes drinking it good for him
zoo med powersun. we have been planning to get a tube fixture for a while but its too expensive for us rn to buy both the tube light and the reflective fixture to hold it \

also i dont blame him for not liking our water, it tastes like cardboard

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is there a mesh screen in between the bulb and the screen? If so it needs to be 14-16 inches and I would get a tube fixture ASAP -- that screen is blocking approx 30% of the UVB ---- so hes not getting enough --- you can get this UVB its a Arcadia Pro T 5 its $62 plus shipping which is about $7 for Fed Ex -- these people are fast and good --- please let me know if you order it and I will help you get it placed -- they need to be at certain placement and distances --
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-prot5-uvb-kit.html?cookies_accepted=Y

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I feel like different beardies have different preferences/methods of taking in their water. If you’re beardie will drink that particular water - and I think that brand is just regular spring water / average bottled water - then I don’t see why giving him that water would be weird or bad. The fact that your dragon wants to drink is great - some people have a hard time with dragons and oral hydration - it can be tricky sometimes.

This is just my personal experience with my girl - she’s 10 - and for the first 8 years I relied on greens and feeders to provide her water - as well as baths hoping she’d drink from that - and the possibility she would absorb some from her vent. But, about it 2 years ago I really wanted to focus on 100% “sure thing” hydration as she got older - and now I syringe/dropper her straight water every two days, rather than total reliance on the other things. She drinks until she’s done / stops licking. She uses regular tap water - but if she loved a particular kind I would totally use that for her. Yours is quite the little designer fancy water drinker! ?

I think the fact you're hydrating him and she readily drinks that water - is great. And it won’t cost you hardly anything in the great scheme of things - it would take quite a long while for a dragon to even go through just one bottle! Also - I don’t use a water bowl in my girls viv either. I think if you are steadfast about making sure they are hydrated and being super consistent about offering it directly to your dragon - it’s prob fine to leave it out. That’s just my opinion and experience tho! ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom