Need Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Recently Volcano started spending all day inside his hide. He'll come out first thing in the morning for a bit but then go inside his hide and stay there all day. He isn't black bearding and his head is up and he is alert. He still is eating but he hasn't pooped in days. I figured it was just because we had a cold rainy spell here in MA for like three days but now that the sun is back and the weather is warm he still is sitting in there all day. I did take him out and put him on the bed and he ran around for a good 15 - 20 mins before finding a comfy spot and settled down. I'm still concerned thou because this is new behavior for him. He would never sit in his hide all day before and now he's been doing it for almost a week now. Any thoughts? I haven't changed a thing about his cage setup, diet, or lighting.

Ryanps

Hey there I am pretty new here but I know that you are going to be asked a number of different questions by a few of the more knowledgeable ppl on here. Such as types of lighting for UVB ,coil or tube, if tube is it a T8 or T5 the size of the fixture and if it has a reflector as well as the distance to basking site and if it’s mounted inside the tank or on top of the screen. Basking bulb and basking temps and how are they being taken with a probe thermometer or stick on? You may also be asked about the substrate you use and the size of the enclosure. Might be good to also include the diet your feeding and how often. Good luck and I’m sure you will get some good advice

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as hes eating basking pooping hes good- moving around as well not just laying doing nothing at all like what I mentioned -- sounds like hes got the blues --- they all get that way mine do where they will lay in their caves for a few days and then come out and bask --

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3i5ofi56 said:
As long as hes eating basking pooping hes good- moving around as well not just laying doing nothing at all like what I mentioned -- sounds like hes got the blues --- they all get that way mine do where they will lay in their caves for a few days and then come out and bask --

Thanks Karrie. I'll give it some time then. Maybe just a dragon funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom