EMERGENCY

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollyMarie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":u4sui2co said:
I am not a expert on egg laying -- you need to talk to Tracie or AHBD --- if your UVB was a coil in a reflective dome like the basking bulb that was a problem--- those UVB's are bad for the health and just everything about the dragon --- I am so sorry about her ----

Oh I had no idea, we’ve had these bulbs for six years. I doubt it’s the cause of her death but if I get another one in the long future I’ll know now. Thank you!

HollyMarie

Original Poster
HollyMarie":1onnvcye said:
AHBD":1onnvcye said:
Oh wow, I'm so so sorry. :cry: This is truly devastating for you and my heart breaks for you. I had a suspicion that's what it was because that intense black tail + beard in her situation is often the sign. All I can do is offer my deepest sympathy, you were a great owner to her and this happens quickly with reptiles, nothing you did wrong at all.

Hey again! I forgot to mention that she lays eggs very often. Her second most recent batch was abnormal and she shook her tail a lot. The most recent one was normal but I’m afraid that the previous batch could’ve left a stray egg. Do you think it could’ve poisoned her system over time? So sorry if I’m bothering you, I’m just looking for an answer.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Holly, it is possible that there was another egg left + it possibly burst but there's no way to say what really happened. No matter what though, these things can happen to anyone and just remember that you took good care of her, her body condition looked great so something out of your control took place and you did nothing wrong. Maybe you'll get another beardie in the future and you'll do a great job as a caring owner.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH no, I am so sorry you lost your girl so very suddenly, how awful for you both. :cry:
I do think that it is most likely an egg issue. This happens fairly often & it is almost impossible
to know ahead of time if they are going to have trouble egg laying. Most of the time, they lay
eggs without any problems at all.
It is absolutely not your fault whatsoever. Unfortunately, females have egg laying issues that
sometimes don't end well. I am positive she knew how much you loved her.

Tracie

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":2p5y9vfw said:
Did they say she had tail rot? The question regarding how fast I am not sure-- I do know infection will start and creep up the tail and into the organs but I don't know how quickly it would do damage that fast- Tracie our vet tech mod could answer that question better than I

Septicemia can happen really fast, I’m in no way an authority in this but with my general biology education, bone infections spread to blood pretty fast because red blood cells are made in bone marrow so it’s not hard for bacteria to slip into the circulatory system once it gets into the bone marrow.

MikaahPacheco

Its the first time i use this website. My bearded dragon is having the same symptoms. his tail and beard are black and hes been sleeping all day for the past 3 days. And he doesnt want to eat. He had moved a bit steps yesterday and layed there and fell asleep. I took him out to the sun like usual to see if that helped but it didnt. His eyes are buldging and they arent the bright orange they usually are. I took him to the vet and they ran blood tests on him and called me back and said it was all fine that he was jst black bearding. However i am very scared that hes sick or dying. Do you have any advice or idea whats going on?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

*************MikaahPacheco**************
Sorry your dragon is having trouble. Go ahead & start your own thread, so we can keep
your information separate from this Original Poster's subject matter.
Thank you!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom