New Baby Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson321

Hi!
Is it normal for a new baby beardie to only eat 7 to 12 insects a day? We have had him for 5 days. Heat is good and Uvb is a reptisun t5 10.0. We feed him BSFL and crickets. I'm hoping he's just got some relocation stress and trying to get used to his new home. We bought him from a reptile store who gets their baby beardies from private breeders. Our little baby is a little over 1 month.
Like I said, I hope it is just relocation stress and that he will eat more soon. Anyone else have this problem before and any advice? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They all go thru relocation stress and its good hes eating --- let go over the lighting in the tank and basking temps --- those two things are going to keep him eating ---- your T 5 should be in the tank 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --- if the screen is a wide hole type it can stay on top but distance would need to be 8-10 inches directly above the basking decor--- basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- NO stick ons --- NO colored bulbs-- No heat mats or heat rocks --- No sand -- if you need help or have more questions please ask
Make sure your feeding salads every morning w/ some BSFL on top for lures to the salad bowl -- if you want more help w/ feeding and insects /worms please ask --- insects should be dusted 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 ONCE per feeding vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom