Beardie sleeping with mouth slightly open on side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloepd7

When my little Ozzie snuggled into the carpet tonight for a little nap I noticed his mouth was slightly open just on the side! He’s only been in my care for a few days but is this something normal or could he possibly have some shed obstructing his breathing? Here’s a picture. I didn’t want to get too close cuz the little guy is snoozing and I don’t want to wake him up
111111-8193404954.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is very sweet!
It is hard to tell but it is possible that he could have some shed on his mouth or nose that
could be affecting him.
You have only had him a few days now?

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It could be some shed as mentioned. The skin along the sides of their mouth also tends to be a bit flexible, so perhaps he just fell asleep in a way that allowed the carpet to pull at his beard and bring the skin around his jaw down a bit. If that's the case it's no big deal. Keep an eye on it and see if you notice any patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom