Antisocial and sometimes aggressive bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomTheBeardie

Venom is a 9 month old beardie. We got him when he was 3 moths old, in November. He was an amazing pet who was curious, social and happy. In February, I was holding Venom, he got anxious hissed, flared and attempted to bite me and my sister. he jumped off the bed onto the floor. We had to wrap him in a towel to put him in his enclosure. There was nothing that we could find that set him off, he was warm and lying down, very calm. The sudden aggression came from nowhere. Since then he has been aggressive when taken out, bobbing his head constantly and hiding in his cave. His temperatures and UVB bulbs are perfect, so its not a mistake in setup. Nothing has changed in his enclosure since january when we upgraded his cave so he has more space to sleep. In the last month, Venom has stopped eating as many crickets as usual. He probably eats protein every 2 days. I offer him crickets twice a day and he always has collard greens/rocket and carrots/butternut squash in his enclosure. he is bathed every week and misted every morning. He goes the bathroom every two days, usually the day he eats the crickets. When we try pet him in his enclosure he either runs away or breathes fast while sitting down. Lately he spends 90% of his day in his cave, on the warm side. We have tried leaving a small teddy associated with our smell in his enclosure so he would be used to our smell and maybe trust us better but nothing has changed. I would really appreciate any advice you all can give so our beardie can be a bigger part of our family.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The slightest change can set them off like that. Hair color, painted nails (especially black), cologne or perfume, a bird in a bush or tree outside a window, or anything above their heads. They are very aware of everything around them at all times. Strange things and movements mean danger to them.
I hope this is the case, if not I really can't explain it, only he knows for sure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom