Intimidation and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Haven't been able to find a cause but my female and male can see each other 24/7 (unless they are in their cool spots bc I have a towel over half the enclosures) and its spring and they both wave and Bob and dance ect (he came out of brumation) I was wondering if them being able to see each other stunts my females feeding habits would it be possible that I need them side by side or stacked and they see each other ONLY when they are out of the enclosure sometimes I feed them (obviously separate) and they wont break eye contact and I'm not sure if it's hormones or maybe hes intimidating to her I'm at a completely loss her and if it helps they both want to mate (mostly him) when out together 40% of the time I feel like I made a rookie mistake and I just dont know what I did

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They should NOT see each other at all -- unless you are breeding them I would NOT get them out together-- she is stressed out and would be a cause for not eating-- they need to be either stacked on top of one another or side by side and one side solid so they cant see each other--

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2h8baxca said:
They should NOT see each other at all -- unless you are breeding them I would NOT get them out together-- she is stressed out and would be a cause for not eating-- they need to be either stacked on top of one another or side by side and one side solid so they cant see each other--
Thank you I was thinking the same I mean I know they do wanna breed just by how they act I have had to take them both out but prevent ANY contact between them and as im writing this hes out shes not i even left the room ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom