Help black scales on chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashrhebeardie

I adopted a beardie a few months ago he was doing fine the a couple weeks ago started shedding and these black scales showed up on his chin.. help idk what to do or if it’s normal I’ve never owned one before but I’ve fallen in love w him he’s about 4 years old. He eats poops fine and I can touch it no problem we give him baths but only once week. Should it be more? He doesn’t seem Uncomfortable he is in a very large tank and temperatures are good he has sand substrate and no heating pads I have a basking light during the day and red bulb at night.
111109-5241290508.jpg
111109-7148131733.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beautiful dragon, looks like one of my boys. The beard does looks odd, can you post a pic of the entire tank ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the pic, the tank set up looks good for the most part but he def. needs a bigger one. Be aware that crushed walnut or pet store calcium sand can sometimes cause impaction. And lastly, what type of uvb do you have ? Beardies do best with a long tube uvb bulb like Reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia D3 12 % or 14 % and no red bubl at all. What are the temps. in the tank ? As for the beard, I'm not sure if there's a problem or if it's just the uneven shed and your boy is blackbearding in that pic. Is it still the same ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree w/ AHBD please invest in a long tube UVB --- I recommend a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia fixture w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb -- the 14% is going to be too strong for your tank -- not enough height for that bulb -- please ditch the loose substrate and go w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for now -- you can figure out later what you want to do w/ it but get rid of the loose stuff --- I see no temp gauges -- please invest in a digital probe thermometer you can get them at petco or petsmart -- IR guns are good but they cannot read off of hammocks -- if you need any more help please ask -- when you get the UVB changed out please post back on here so we can help you get it placed in the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom