Worried about black stuff coming out my dragons butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonboy32

111104-3166199038.jpg
My family has a one month old baby, and he pooped this morning and now there is some black stuff hanging from his butt. I have him a warm bath for about 10 mins and it did not help. I don’t know what it is or how to help him. And I don’t know how to post a picture to show everyone, sorry![ximg]111104 3166199038

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Make sure his lighting is up to par --- NO coils for UVB
Basking temps 105-110 taken w / a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate
those things I just mentioned are the MOST IMPORTANT things in the tank

Jonboy32

Original Poster
I have a zoo med 15 watt lube 10.0 uvb light. And I have ordered digital probe Thermometers should be here soon but what I have in there now says 100 on his basking spot. I have also notice he is squinting more often but when I have him out his eyes are wide open

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What kind of basking bulb ? Is it a bright white ? Also the UVB is a T 8 so the fixture needs to have the clear plastic cover off so the bulb is exposed and it needs to be 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor---- if your using a bright white bulb for basking the eye closing would be him relaxing and that is normal --- if its a colored bulb or a coil type please get a solid bright white like a Exo Terra one solid--- here are some things to hang the UVB 3 M command Velcro fasteners- picture hanging wire – long plastic zip ties-- potted plant wire hangers -- fishing line or this I use it in my tanks works great its like a Velcro strap cut in to strips and wrap around the fixture https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
Looks like poop have you tried washing it off in a bath?

Jonboy32

Original Poster
Yes I did a bath for about 10 mins and when I tried to carefully brush it off he freaked out. I don’t know if it is that next time he poops today it will fall out?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am not sure either --- I am gonna have AHBD take a look -- what are you feeding him?

Jonboy32

Original Poster
Crickets he eats anything from 5 to 20 each feeding. And he eats his greens and peppers too.
And for the basking light
111104-3119801576.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, has he eaten any greens recently ? That's one possibility if a few pieces were on the large side. Has he run loose on your floor to possibly eat a foreign object ? Anything in the tank like a fake plant ? It looks like it will come out on it's own but if you're worried after another day or so you could have a qualified reptile vet have a look.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking bulb is good as long as its keeping temps to what I posted

Jonboy32

Original Poster
He eats greens everyday and I try to make them small but there is a chance it was bigger I guess. I have not had him on the floor at all yet so no way he ate anything bad, and there is no fake plants in his tank. I do appreciate the help I was hopping it was just some poop stuck and would come out. The stuff did show up right after he went. THANK YOU. I’ll keep y’all updated soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom