New beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

23peterpai

I had a bearded dragon who was 7-8 years old and she was a rescue that had some health problems because of it. I just barely got a new beardie and his name is Fish lol. I’m thinking he’s a tiger bearded dragon but I’m not entirely sure.
99111-1375852679.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your new one is a very pretty dragon! I am sure he/she will do well & will grow quickly for
you also!
What sized tank is he in? Feel free to post more pictures in the Photo Expressions forum,
if you would like.

Tracie

23peterpai

Original Poster
He is in a 40 gallon tank because I didn’t want to buy a small one then a bigger one later… that’s okay right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum- he will do fine in the 40 gallon --- just make sure his lighting UVB and basking temps are up to par ---- NO coils for UVB you want a long tube fixture if you need help on that please ask -- and basking temps are 105-110 being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- those things I have just mentioned are the MOST important things in the tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of your dragon--

23peterpai

Original Poster
Quick question though… he keeps making a gesture almost like sneezing and I’m a little worried. What could that mean? Otherwise he eats well, goes to the bathroom everyday, and he’s very lively.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can you post a pic or video of what hes doing -- record on you tube and then post the link -- how often is he doing it? Is he yawning?

23peterpai

Original Poster
No he’s not yawning, he does it quite a bit in a short time period and then he won’t do it for the rest of the day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok well when he starts to do it again record him at this point I have not a clue -- is he gaping? Is he doing this under his basking light?

23peterpai

Original Poster
No he doesn’t keep his mouth open unless he gets hot under his basking light. It’s just kind of random, he’ll do it wherever, whether I’m holding him or he’s in his terrarium.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok well get a video of him doing it--- then we can see exactly what hes doing--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom