Bearded dragon bit me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antrovira

Hello!

I was feeding iccarus this morning, she got confused thinking I had food and bit me. On reflex, I lifted my hand up and she held on and kind of fell after letting go. It was about 4-6 inches fall, and she’s been active and running around (like normal) since, and she’s been letting me pet her. I washed it with soap and water to avoid infection.

Do you think I could’ve hurt her by lifting my hand and her falling? I can’t find any marks and her arms and legs seem fine, but I didn’t know if that’s too far for her to fall.

Thank you!
Anthony and Iccarus

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Antrovira":34gorqxy said:
Hello!

I was feeding iccarus this morning, she got confused thinking I had food and bit me. On reflex, I lifted my hand up and she held on and kind of fell after letting go. It was about 4-6 inches fall, and she’s been active and running around (like normal) since, and she’s been letting me pet her. I washed it with soap and water to avoid infection.

Do you think I could’ve hurt her by lifting my hand and her falling? I can’t find any marks and her arms and legs seem fine, but I didn’t know if that’s too far for her to fall.

Thank you!
Anthony and Iccarus
it happens to most bearde owners don't worry! unless she starts black bearding or anything abnormal tell us she's probably fine and is just very confused that she couldent eat her " food" :lol:

Antrovira

Original Poster
chestermymunchkin":1s8a0696 said:
Antrovira":1s8a0696 said:
Hello!

Thank you!
Anthony and Iccarus
it happens to most bearde owners don't worry! unless she starts black bearding or anything abnormal tell us she's probably fine and is just very confused that she couldent eat her " food" :lol:

Thank you! She hasn’t started black bearding or anything (I’ve never seen her black beard, so I would’ve noticed if she did), is that how they show they’re in pain too? I didn’t know what to look for regarding pain symptoms or anything, but she seems okay on the outside.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
yes, it is a sign of distress/pain! most definitely shes fine and there is nothing to worry about! you have the worried bearded dragon parent syndrome :lol: :D just wondering how high did she fall? and whats her name? :)

Antrovira

Original Poster
She fell from about 4-5 inches, and her name is Iccarus. The name fits well because she used to try to jump onto her lights, if they hung too low in the tank. I actually had to move them to on top of the tank because of it haha

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Antrovira":15ihbgv9 said:
She fell from about 4-5 inches, and her name is Iccarus. The name fits well because she used to try to jump onto her lights, if they hung too low in the tank. I actually had to move them to on top of the tank because of it haha

that's an amazing name! and fits! and yea she's definitely fin btw! and wow I'm surprised she jumped into the lights!

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
So beyond black bearding make sure when she walks she isn't favoring any legs. My beardie pickles jumped out of his hammock and landed wrong. He ended up spraining his leg and whenever he walked he would pinwheel that front leg to avoid putting pressure on it. He never black bearded but I could see right away he was in discomfort. If she is walking fine I'd say she's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom