Moving overseas with a bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

Let's say I wanted to move to another country like Ecuador, Spain, Portugal, wherever, for a few years and I wanted to bring my little buddy with me.

Can it be done? Can reptiles travel overseas? How would you do this? How safe is it?

I'd also need to figure out things like: legislation around bearded dragons in the country, feeder availability, vet availability. Is there anything else? I'm assuming that I should be able to adjust for local humidity levels once I'm there with humidifiers or dehumidifiers.

Thank you for your help!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You will have to check the biosecurity requirements for the country you want to move to .

Bearded dragons have a VERY HIGH invasive species potential in the countries mentioned so likely the answer is going to be NO .
I know for a fact that escaped or dumped central bearded dragons have established in southern Spain and are causing problems there .

At the very least you are looking at very strict quarantine rules for your pet.

Carolayec

If I would in your position, I would certainly use the services of a moving company to transport your things overseas. Just imagine how much time and money you will spend if you will try to transport them all by yourself. It will be chapter and safer to transport your things using the services of a moving company. It will release some of your moving stress so you will be able to be more relaxed and think about what you need and how not to forget something important. Also, the things during the transportation are in safety, and there is no chance that they will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom