Bearded Dragons Tail Goes From Normal to Dark Than Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfstar

Hello, so I am a new bearded dragon owner and I came across something that I find somewhat concerning. So my bearded dragon's tail keeps going from dark to light and then back again. And it is just half of the tail that does this. It happens really quickly and only takes about 30 minutes from when it goes dark to go back to normal. Does anyone have any advice? I can't go to the vet as the nearest one is far away and I have no way of getting there. Thank you.

Gail

BD.org Addict
How is the dragon behaving otherwise? This color change is quite common, I see it almost daily. It's really only a concern if it stays dark or the dragon appears sick or in pain.

Wolfstar

Original Poster
Gail":1pn0d8l5 said:
How is the dragon behaving otherwise? This color change is quite common, I see it almost daily. It's really only a concern if it stays dark or the dragon appears sick or in pain.

Thank you for responding. Does it go all the way up the tail or does it stop a little bit before the butt? She has seemed pretty normal I was worried about tail rot a few weeks ago but I did a self-treat and it went back to normal. When her tail did it a few days ago, I thought it came back, but then when I checked on her later on her tail was back to normal. It has happened two times since then.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Usually just half way up the tail. Dragons change color for various reasons, they get darker when warming up or when scared/upset.

Wolfstar

Original Poster
Gail":3ipudio4 said:
Usually just half way up the tail. Dragons change color for various reasons, they get darker when warming up or when scared/upset.
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom