On the right track for growth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilys

Hi everyone. I got my baby bearded dragon about 3 weeks ago. I believe he is about 3 months old. He has just developed hemipenes so am pretty positive he's a boy. I weighed him today and he is 28 grams at about 8 inches. When I got him, he was 6.5 inches. Does this seem to be about where he should be? I'm trying to get a picture of if I'm on the right track in terms of diet and lighting. He eats about 50 crickets and a few leaves of greens each day. One feeding of crickets has calcium powder each day and vitamins twice a week. He has a 160W powersun MVB and an additional heat lamp. Does his weight seem to be on track? Thank you!
110937-8686042055.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes that sounds good. His intake of insects is high, he should grow steadily with that good appetite. Do you have pics of his enclosure ?

emilys

Original Poster
I do have one other quick question. He typically poops once each morning, but hasn't yet today. Should I be concerned?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, skipping a day or two for a baby is no big deal. Just be sure that the crickets are no longer than the space between his eyes to reduce chance of impaction and don't feed him much late in the day.

emilys

Original Poster
Today he hit 10.25 inches and 40 g. Is this a good rate in comparison to last week? 40g just seems low for that length. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom