Petsmart "Very Red" ? Pics - MEET and WATCH Atreyu grow!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
PetSmart bearded dragon lines are not that well established bc they come from mills so dont exactly expect him to be red! bc, he's a hypo he'll probably be an extremely dim red or orange they change color as they get older! its usually a surprise that's why I got a sub-adult :D !

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
chestermymunchkin":3toehouh said:
PetSmart bearded dragon lines are not that well established bc they come from mills so dont exactly expect him to be red! bc, he's a hypo he'll probably be an extremely dim red or orange they change color as they get older! its usually a surprise that's why I got a sub-adult :D !

My husband surprised me with this guy after I was in contact with a breeder.. He said, $100v$300 .... I was pretty upset.

Gail

BD.org Addict
He's nicely colored and should be a pretty orange. I've seen some petstore dragons develop very vivid coloration.
As for being hypo, I would need to see a clear, close up picture of his toenails. A hypo will have clear nails, regulars will have a thin line of dark running down the top of the nails.
The dark line can be really hard to see on babies, set him on a piece of white paper and take a good look. Judging by his color, I would say he probably isn't a hypo.

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
Gail":2obduixu said:
He's nicely colored and should be a pretty orange. I've seen some petstore dragons develop very vivid coloration.
As for being hypo, I would need to see a clear, close up picture of his toenails. A hypo will have clear nails, regulars will have a thin line of dark running down the top of the nails.
The dark line can be really hard to see on babies, set him on a piece of white paper and take a good look. Judging by his color, I would say he probably isn't a hypo.

Ah yes. He does have a thin line! Im just trying to figure out what he may be. ??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's a very pretty baby but if they advertised it as hypo and it has the thin line in the nail then they either accidentally or intentionally deceived you. Maybe you can get a little money back if that's the case. The dragon looks healthy so that's good . There's no real way to tell what he'll end up looking like. I raised a lot of babies, some looked very much like that one actually. :) Some ended up keeping their pattern, some developed more color, others stayed the same. Here are a couple babies from 9-10 years ago. BTW, can you get a closer pic of his back ?

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29936/full

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
AHBD":cfdyj34w said:
Hi there, that's a very pretty baby but if they advertised it as hypo and it has the thin line in the nail then they either accidentally or intentionally deceived you. Maybe you can get a little money back if that's the case. The dragon looks healthy so that's good . There's no real way to tell what he'll end up looking like. I raised a lot of babies, some looked very much like that one actually. :) Some ended up keeping their pattern, some developed more color, others stayed the same. Here are a couple babies from 9-10 years ago. BTW, can you get a closer pic of his back ?

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29936/full

Thank you for this! I wasn't told he was I just wasn't sure what they meant by "Very red" .
I zoomed in on my screen shot. I'll get a better one tomorrow! He definitelyhas small bumps vs bigger.
110953-7748751864.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for the pic, I asked for it to see the texture of his scales. He is a normal scaled dragon, not leatherback. Has he eaten anything yet ?

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
AHBD":1wqlf9q3 said:
Thanks for the pic, I asked for it to see the texture of his scales. He is a normal scaled dragon, not leatherback. Has he eaten anything yet ?

I know I'm sorry! I just don't have time atm. I will add it here tomorrow. Unfortunately hes a grazer and I want to fix that but in a healthy way.

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
AHBD":150unc8c said:
No, that's the pic I asked for, no need to be sorry. :)

Oh! Geez. I read that wrong lmfao.
But yeah, I am a bit worried cause he doesn't show much interest in eating but does eat a few at a time then stops again.. His temp is 100 on the warm size, has a 10.0 strip uvb 100w basking and a 60w Che.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A low appetite can be attributed to relocation stress so he may pick up after a week or so. Can you post pics of his tank + light placement when you have a chance ? And what is he eating ?

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
AHBD":1fur9plc said:
A low appetite can be attributed to relocation stress so he may pick up after a week or so. Can you post pics of his tank + light placement when you have a chance ? And what is he eating ?

So he's only eating 2 or 3 powdered crickets a day. Won't touch his greens, mustard, collard, or dandelion. I am think that's what it is too. Here is a picture from last night. If I need a better one I'll get it tomorrow! I'm just out for the night. ;/
110953-2414273503.jpg

lgxfuad13

Original Poster
AHBD":5a53fkns said:

My friend snapped one !
110953-8205475178.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, looks good. Get some rest now. :) When you are back on tomorrow can you mention what brand of uvb light you have ? And I wanted to suggest dripping water on his snout to be sure he's hydrated [ use syringe, eyedropper or spray bottle ]

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom