Baby beardie kicking me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftWood5795

So i just got a baby beardie around 3 months ago and she started kicking me when i rub her back. She has never done this before and the only signs of anger was when she hissed at me, but that was almost a month ago. It isn't very hard but I think something may be wrong with her. Any answers?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She may not like it--- is she shedding ? I have not heard of this behavior-- are you petting her or actually rubbing her?

DriftWood5795

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30t4w4zp said:
She may not like it--- is she shedding ? I have not heard of this behavior-- are you petting her or actually rubbing her?

She is starting to shed. Her back has been gray for about a week now but she hasnt started shedding.

I am petting her back. Not rubbing hard its light in her back and she starts to squirm and kick me.

DriftWood5795

Original Poster
KarrieRee":ea1718eg said:

This is also only in her cage.

SPandS

Juvie Member
Sounds like she doesn't like it and she's trying to get you to stop. If she's getting ready to shed, that area can be irritated and touching it could make it feel worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom