Bearded Dragons tail staying lighter long after shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunkist my beloved, like any healthy young growing beardie sheds a lot, but after her most recent shed of her tail (a couple weeks ago) it was a lot more pale and that is typical for her then her tail turns back vibrant orange within a few days. This time around it stayed the pale color and I don't see any retained shed it just seems to be less pigmented.
Also worth noting that when I first got her she came to me with a broken tip of her tail and what seemed to be light burns on the top scales of her tail which is still apparent on her tail today. Ive included in the photos three pictures of her tail now and two images of tail when she was smaller since those are the only photos that show her tail clearly without shed! I appreciate any information or if anyone had this happen to their beardies!
Images

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures you could post for us?
Sometimes their skin /scales appear different after shedding. The tail appears normal
& the rest of the pigmentation looks good too. At least the tail tip healed up nicely.
The damaged scales look as if they have healed up well.
A lot of times as they age, their pigmentation can change to a lighter or darker color.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom