How much more will she grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I posted an intro on the welcome thread. My question is how many inches did your dragons put on after they were about 8-10 months old? Here's all the details and why I'm asking- We bought Ladybug back in November on the 27th, 2020. Unfortunately I bought her from PetSmart (please don't judge). If I had a do-over I certainly would've gotten her from one of the many dedicated wonderful breeders out there.
So here is Ladybug today-
110867-7925997800.jpg
110867-9819206502.jpg
She's about 16.5"
This is her when we brought her home
110867-159371407.jpg
She was about 9"

We were told she was 4-6 months old when we got her. That makes her 8-10 months today if the info they gave us was correct. They had her housed with four other dragons. They all were about the same size. So I really hope they were taking each one out to make sure it got it's five allotted crickets a day. That's what we were told to feed her, five a day. Thankfully once I got her home I read up and we have been giving her as much as she wants which has been between 30-50 a day over the last few months.
I do regret buying her from a chain store because I'm concerned about her growth being stunted now from her being underfed for so long ): . From what I've read some babies reach 9 inches around 2-3 months. So I'm her to ask how much did your dragons grow after 8-10 months of age?

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Evergrowingfamily":1oxgd85w said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I posted an intro on the welcome thread. My question is how many inches did your dragons put on after they were about 8-10 months old? Here are all the details and why I'm asking- We bought Ladybug back in November on the 27th, 2020. Unfortunately, I bought her from PetSmart (please don't judge). If I had a do-over I certainly would've gotten her from one of the many dedicated wonderful breeders out there.
So here is Ladybug today-
110867-7925997800.jpg
110867-9819206502.jpg
She's about 16.5"
This is her when we brought her home
110867-159371407.jpg
She was about 9"

We were told she was 4-6 months old when we got her. That makes her 8-10 months today if the info they gave us was correct. They had her housed with four other dragons. They all were about the same size. So I really hope they were taking each one out to make sure it got its five allotted crickets a day. That's what we were told to feed her, five a day. Thankfully once I got her home I read up and we have been giving her as much as she wants which has been between 30-50 a day over the last few months.
I do regret buying her from a chain store because I'm concerned about her growth being stunted now from her being underfed for so long ): . From what I've read some babies reach 9 inches around 2-3 months. So I'm here to ask how much did your dragons grow after 8-10 months of age?

actually, my chess is actually 16-18 inches right now and he is 11 and 1/2 months old and bearded dragons can get from 16-20 inches so she is actually the right size for her age! I don't think she's stunted tho from the pictures she looks about the right size of around an adult bearde for her age! I rescued my baby from a rescue near me and I got him when he was around 5 months old and I couldn't have chosen a better bearde he is the best :D also yea I defiantly don't recommend chain stores they get their beardes from HORRIBLE places :( one time I saw a dead bearde in Petsmart and the employee said he was sleeping :cry: :oops: in conclusion, I think she's fine! but if you are really worried you can consult a vet if you want!

Evergrowingfamily

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply! Well that makes me feel better! Yeah if I could redo it I wouldn't get one from a chain store. Nonetheless her personality is great and she's a sweet girl.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Evergrowingfamily":ci1kqqer said:
Thanks for your reply! Well, that makes me feel better! Yeah if I could redo it I wouldn't get one from a chain store. Nonetheless, her personality is great and she's a sweet girl.

that's awesome glad I could make u feel better! and I bet she's awesome!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, your dragon had a very good growth rate and is a decent size. Don't be too worried or apologetic about where you got her, some do very well from the chain stores while some from top breeders develop the same problems. Be happy ,enjoy your dragon and post here on the forum any concerns you have going forward. :)

Evergrowingfamily

Original Poster
AHBD":3lusarcz said:
I agree, your dragon had a very good growth rate and is a decent size. Don't be too worried or apologetic about where you got her, some do very well from the chain stores while some from top breeders develop the same problems. Be happy ,enjoy your dragon and post here on the forum any concerns you have going forward. :)

? Thanks I appreciate the encouragement!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom