Reputable Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossinn

I'm starting to receive the enclosure and accessories we purchased. Once set up and ensured we have proper heating, lighting, etc. we need to purchase a dragon.

I haven't seen anything on the forum related to recommended breeders. I'm guessing that's because nobody wants to recommend a breeder, in case something doesn't go right...?

Is Morph Market generally considered a reputable source for finding a good breeder? I'm thinking I want to use a breeder with the highest "net score" and positive ratings...

I've seen talk of unhealthy breeding practices, but not sure how to avoid those breeders, other than by their rating.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have personal experience with any of the breeders, but there are several that are mentioned on here pretty regularly. Dachiu bearded dragons in PA and Atomic Lizard Ranch in AZ come to mind as ones that are mentioned often.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Kids and dragons is where I got Mari from. I talk to her breeder to this day and send updates and we both laugh because she does funny things.

sarahtee

I was in the same boat as you just a few weeks ago! I had a hard time figuring out what was legit in terms of breeders online, so relied on MorphMarket and ratings there. My beardie arrived yesterday, and I found him through MorphMarket. I targeted breeders on the east coast because I was paranoid about shipping long distances. I went with Dragon Fortress (Lancaster, PA) based on reviews, and availability of a male which is what I wanted. Stephanie was super communicative, he arrived healthy and in great shape, and she's told me to reach out to her in the future with any questions or for advice. Based on that experience I would recommend them!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not my type personally, I don't think it will have much color and the price seems high. It's not tiny but it looks quite small. Just my 2 cents.

Hossinn

Original Poster
AHBD":2scj1w5i said:
It's not my type personally, I don't think it will have much color and the price seems high. It's not tiny but it looks quite small. Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate your feedback. It does look light colored...I was wondering if the color would fill in. From a health standpoint, this breed has just as much chance to thrive as others, right?

We also like this one, which is a little darker colored, and a little less money...

https://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/reptiles/lizards/bearded-dragons/central-bearded-dragon/551617

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's prettier, IMO, but did you notice that it's a P. Barbata hybrid and do you know what that is ? Again, I think these prices are high and my breeder pick is Dachiu for great price as well as beautiful dragons. One of the oldest breeders in the U.S.

Hossinn

Original Poster
AHBD":1exdtxdq said:
It's prettier, IMO, but did you notice that it's a P. Barbata hybrid and do you know what that is ? Again, I think these prices are high and my breeder pick is Dachiu for great price as well as beautiful dragons. One of the oldest breeders in the U.S.

I did not know what P. Barbata (Eastern) was until you pointed it out to me. Thank you. Are the Barbatas less desirable, or is it just personal preference? It seems they have a narrower head and perhaps a larger beard...? This one shows 1/8 Barbara, for what it's worth...

Dachiu has not posted any new dragons over the past weeks, and I've been researching and purchasing enclosure/items for the past couple months. They haven't been answering their phone and all I get is a message machine that doesn't allow me to leave a message. I don't think I can wait much longer!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, Pogona Barbata is very rare in the U.S. But yes, that little beardie looks pretty good although kind of on the small side but only time will tell how it would turn out. I hope whichever one you pick does well for you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom