Reputable Breeders

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Reputable Breeders

Postby Hossinn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm

I'm starting to receive the enclosure and accessories we purchased. Once set up and ensured we have proper heating, lighting, etc. we need to purchase a dragon.

I haven't seen anything on the forum related to recommended breeders. I'm guessing that's because nobody wants to recommend a breeder, in case something doesn't go right...?

Is Morph Market generally considered a reputable source for finding a good breeder? I'm thinking I want to use a breeder with the highest "net score" and positive ratings...

I've seen talk of unhealthy breeding practices, but not sure how to avoid those breeders, other than by their rating.
Hossinn
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Reputable Breeders

Postby CooperDragon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:09 am

I don't have personal experience with any of the breeders, but there are several that are mentioned on here pretty regularly. Dachiu bearded dragons in PA and Atomic Lizard Ranch in AZ come to mind as ones that are mentioned often.
CooperDragon

Postby loljelloclowdz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:14 am

Kids and dragons is where I got Mari from. I talk to her breeder to this day and send updates and we both laugh because she does funny things.
Marijke - 50% red 50% yellow hypo het trans female w/ blue bars from Kids And Dragons
loljelloclowdz
Juvie Poster

Postby sarahtee » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:47 pm

I was in the same boat as you just a few weeks ago! I had a hard time figuring out what was legit in terms of breeders online, so relied on MorphMarket and ratings there. My beardie arrived yesterday, and I found him through MorphMarket. I targeted breeders on the east coast because I was paranoid about shipping long distances. I went with Dragon Fortress (Lancaster, PA) based on reviews, and availability of a male which is what I wanted. Stephanie was super communicative, he arrived healthy and in great shape, and she's told me to reach out to her in the future with any questions or for advice. Based on that experience I would recommend them!
sarahtee
Newbie Poster

Postby Hossinn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you for your recommendations, and summary of your experience. That's really helpful.
Hossinn
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:54 am

I'd go with Dachiu myself, much better than many others IMO.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion