Babysitting my cousin's beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this bearded dragon possibly has some German Giant in him. Was said to be female but appears to be a male. His name is Dixie and he's roughly 5 years old.
As you probably know I got a new beardie named Kazoku (which is "family" in Japanese), he/she is 3 months old and we've had him/her for almost a month.
I know Dixie can eat Kazoku but does this need to be treated as a quarantine for Dixie while babysitting him? He has not been around other reptiles and Kazoku was the last of his/her clutch for who knows how long.
His enclosure is fairly small for his size or compared to my enclosures (I got one with doors finally!). I am babysitting Dixie for my entire spring break (starting tomorrow) but this might be a good opportunity to fill that emptiness that Kazoku can't yet fill, and that's 100% vibing.
Dixie according to what I've heard is an absolute potato and doesn't eat much, luckily I have honey and pollen to entice him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What size enclosure is Dixie in? And can you post a pic of him/her--- post a pic of the vent tail up in the air and we can sex him/ her-- is the lighting on the tank proper UVB and basking temps? Please keep Kazoku away from Dixie please -- I would not let the two of them see each other -- it will stress them out too much both of them

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
To answer the question yes keep both beardies away from each other. It will certainly stress the little one out for sure and could make Dixie get aggressive trying to display dominance. You can keep their enclosures in the same room as long as they can not see each other.

To answer the question about enclosure size we'd need to see pics of the current setup. At minimum Dixie should be in a 40 gallon tank but that's bare minimum. As always bigger is better.

NightRaysMoon

Original Poster
KarrieRee":idkq6e4j said:
What size enclosure is Dixie in? And can you post a pic of him/her--- post a pic of the vent tail up in the air and we can sex him/ her-- is the lighting on the tank proper UVB and basking temps? Please keep Kazoku away from Dixie please -- I would not let the two of them see each other -- it will stress them out too much both of them
Shaun78":idkq6e4j said:
To answer the question yes keep both beardies away from each other. It will certainly stress the little one out for sure and could make Dixie get aggressive trying to display dominance. You can keep their enclosures in the same room as long as they can not see each other.

To answer the question about enclosure size we'd need to see pics of the current setup. At minimum Dixie should be in a 40 gallon tank but that's bare minimum. As always bigger is better.

Dixie looks to be in a 20-30 gallon however it appears smaller than my 29 gallon aquarium (for fish). It's been a while since I've seen it but I am fairly sure about the size. Until we get a reading on the temperature Dixie stays in the living room. I'll send pictures as soon as mom is home with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom