Adopting a new male bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchykin

Hello!

I currently have one adult male bearded dragon in a 120 gallon enclosure. I love him very dearly and I have decided to adopt another bearded dragon, who is disabled and a juvenile. I was planning on putting him in a 30 gallon as he is currently in a 10 gallon for his convenience, he can’t move very well. What should I expect between two male bearded dragons in terms of having them in the same room together not ever seeing each other hopefully, and what can I expect to see from a disabled bearded dragon.
Will they bob heads and wave if they can’t see eachother?
Can they smell one another?
I just want them both to be as stress free as possible and I’m not sure what to expect. Please any advice helps

Thanks. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Keeping them in the same room is fine as long as they CANT SEE EACH OTHER-- it will stress the both of them out terribly-- I have two males in the same room but their tanks sit side by side and are in tanks w/ solid bamboo sides they cant see each other at all as they face me in my computer room- they have seen each other ONCE and that was my fault as I was cleaning ones tank out and had him sitting across the others tank in a carrier I use for vet trips and the older one in his tank saw the other in the carrier and his beard went as black as I have ever seen it EVER --- so going on that keeping them in the same room just not able to see each other at all -- they of coarse cant be out at the same time either - I take mine out one at a time and out of the room the tanks are in - I dont think they can smell one another -- I have never noticed any different behavior from either since being in the same room-- and yes my older one head bobs but seems to only do it in the spring when its breeding season - the younger one has only arm waved once or twice as well but they both were not in view of one another -

Munchykin

Original Poster
KarrieRee":np13vdj1 said:
Keeping them in the same room is fine as long as they CANT SEE EACH OTHER-- it will stress the both of them out terribly-- I have two males in the same room but their tanks sit side by side and are in tanks w/ solid bamboo sides they cant see each other at all as they face me in my computer room- they have seen each other ONCE and that was my fault as I was cleaning ones tank out and had him sitting across the others tank in a carrier I use for vet trips and the older one in his tank saw the other in the carrier and his beard went as black as I have ever seen it EVER --- so going on that keeping them in the same room just not able to see each other at all -- they of coarse cant be out at the same time either - I take mine out one at a time and out of the room the tanks are in - I dont think they can smell one another -- I have never noticed any different behavior from either since being in the same room-- and yes my older one head bobs but seems to only do it in the spring when its breeding season - the younger one has only arm waved once or twice as well but they both were not in view of one another -

I appreciate the advice. I was super worried they may accidentally see eachother but I’ve taken precautions now to avoid that! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom