Questions for those who built their own enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnemoneKing

Hello. I’m planning to upgrade my beardies tank and was wondering how much did it cost for you to build your own enclosure. I’ve read that it cost around $200 which would cost the same as a 40 gallon exo terra. So how much did you spend on you’re custom enclosure ?

demonic2020

I spent about $350 to buy our material, it's 5x2x2 and I built a stand for it as well. This is in Canada and our lumber prices have almost doubled over the past year so it could be significantly cheaper if your lumber prices are not that high.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
you definitely want larger than a 40. minimum is 4 ft by 2 ft by 2 ft
that said bigger is always better. lots of people that have the space use 6 ft by 3 ft by 3 ft. personally, i think that the zen habitats and stuff are realy overpriced for what they are. im building with PVC and one sheet(how much il need for 1 4 by 2 by 2) is about 70$. also dont be fooled by what some say. pine is toxic wich harm your animals respiratory system. if i were going to use wood, or i change my mind, il will be getting sandeply. add up glass and lighting and stuff, maby 150 to 200. also! dont forget a substrate lip! that will make it easyer for sliding doors if you choose that. how are you guys planning to make your doors?
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom