Safe soap for beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
My BD, who is just now a full adult (18ish months), seemed to really spike his energy up after coming out of brumation. He runs around like a madman, sometimes, almost always, dropping at least a small amount of poop at some point.

I am very proactive about picking it up- but I know he runs through it, and today, he went, I saw it, and when I came back with a paper towel, he had his full foot in it.

So, all I am saying is- my picking it up/speed of picking it up isn't the issue.

I want to be able to sanitize his feet, tail, and maybe even his tummy so that he doesn't spread bacteria (he doesn't actually pick anything up that is visible- but bacteria is an issue)
especially so that he doesn't run across his literal vegetables with his bacteria feet.

I am thinking of using soap of a kind- but I don't know what to do.
Dawn, maybe- which is used to clean oil off of animals
I also have body wash that is probably gentler than baby soap- I like the stuff that doesn't have chemicals in it, like parabens, sulfates, phalates, dyes, artificial scent, etc.

Even if I just rinse his tail, feet, and tum, rub a micro drop of soap on there, and rinse it off, so that he doesn't actually SOAK in it..

Let me know if this is a big no no- it is why I am asking.
Just seems unsanitary, and ripping all his stuff out and cleaning it daily when he does this doesn't seem like a likely solution.

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I believe Cooper Dragon said you can use a baby soap unscented --

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah any mild unscented soap should be fine. I've used dr bronner's baby mild for years and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom